Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cows and Gnomes and Palm Trees, Oh My!

Did I mention that sometimes I see the most obscure, random, things? Well, I do.

Yesterday, travel training took to South Brooklyn on the D train all the way to Coney Island. Pretty far out there, kind of fun, right? Oh, but wait, once I got to the end of the line, I got onto the B74. Took that probably 6 stops or so. I bet you've never been there.

If you were to do this, you would find yourself in the heart of Coney Island. Not the Cyclone, Skee-ball, boardwalk, Coney Island you are envisioning. Think more Requiem for a Dream Coney Island. Nice right?

So, after I leave the person I was traveling with at his apartment. I headed back to the bus stop. Bust out my book and wait for the bus. On the way back, I notice a community garden that I missed on the way there. It's pretty amazing that I missed this the first time because it is FULL of GIANT yard ornaments! Like giant cows and gnomes and palm trees. Definitely the most bizarre community garden I've ever seen. Oh, almost forgot the mention and flock of chickens that apparently live there. Big white chickens, everywhere.

Unfortunately it all happened so fast I didn't have a chance to take a photo. But do not worry; I will be back, camera in hand. This might be my new favorite stop on the B74.

2 comments:

 

avandia lawsuits